Monday, August 11, 2014

Urban Legend

Well hello everyone!

Sorry for my short absence! I went on a nice little vacation, got some R&R and now I'm back in full force...

Two weeks ago, I went back out with the talented Heather Jacey from Jacey Photography. We shot at a local historic landmark in NEPA called Concrete City. We trekked through a wooded trail to get to the abandoned area that housed 20 large, two-story concrete buildings.. Concrete City was built in the early 1900's by the D L and W Railroad's Coal Company to provide living accommodations for employees working in the Truesdale Mine. In 1921, after 11 years of opening, D L and W was bought by another company and Concrete City was abandoned.

Now, the 20 hollow concrete structures are canvases for local graffiti artists and an occasional playground for local paintball enthusiasts.

I decided to wear an urban, chic look to Concrete City. I paired this basic black crop top with this flowy chiffon maxi skirt from The Limited. I accessorized with black strappy heels and gold jewelry. Probably one of my favorite trendy city looks that will forever be an urban legend!










Crop Tee: Express, here
Maxi Skirt: The Limited, here
Heels: Michael Antonio, here
Necklace: Eye Candy LA via Hautelook, sold out (similarsimilar)
Arm Band: The Limited, sold out (similar)
Bracelets: Alex and Ani, here
Rings: Tiffany & Co, old (similar); Express, here; The Limited, old (similar)
Purse: Kate Spade New York, sold out (very similar)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors, here


No comments:

Post a Comment