Friday, May 16, 2014

Pattern Remix

Happy Friday Everyone!
 
I apologize for being absent this whole week. I've been a busy girl!
 
However, despite a hectic schedule, I was able to get out for some pictures yesterday. And thank the Lord, I shot them just before it started to rain. Phew!
 
Today, we're talking about mixing patterns. When styling patterns, you want to make sure you're working with the right combinations. Choose items for your ensemble that have both a subtle pattern and a more enhanced design. Mixing two bold patterns together or two subtle patterns together can make your outfit overwhelming and/or clash.
 
My pattern choices today consist of this understated, yet sharp polka dot blouse and these vivid coral jacquard shorts. I styled the outfit with my go-to leather belt, a beautiful neutral tone statement necklace, a pair of wedges and of course my favorite shades for the sunny skies! A Pattern Remix that will play all day.
 
Hope you all enjoy your day :) 
 
 







Top: The Limited, here
Shorts: Banana Republic Factory, not sold online (similar, similar, similar)
Shoes: Banana Republic Factory, old (similar, similar, similar)
Necklace: The Limited, sold out (similar, similar, similar)
Belt: The Limited, here
Bracelets: Alex and Ani, here
Sunglasses: Michael Kors, here

No comments:

Post a Comment